The Theology and Practice of Parenting
A foolish son brings grief to his father and bitterness to the one who bore him.
The father of a righteous child has great joy, he who has a wise son delights in him.
While Mr. Jusino does not claim to have a perfect family, nor does he presume to be a perfect father, he has had the blessing of teaching students for over 18 years and he also has seven of his own children, ages 0 – 14. From the insights and skills gained through these, and through the Word of God, Mr. Jusino hopes to assist any parent who desires to grow in the knowledge of training and raising their children, children in whom they will delight, and who will live a life worthy of the calling (Col. 1:10). Fathers are strongly encouraged to attend (Mal. 4:6)!
Topics to be covered
What is a parent?
1. Spheres of influence and the role of a parent
2. Corporal punishment and the purpose/goal of parenting (child/parent friendships)
3. Parent as teacher – the role of parenting in education
4. How kids spell love – the role of time management (parent, child, etc.)
Hindrances to effective parenting
5. Media and modern electronics
6. The influence of the world (exposure and protection)
7. Where are your children?
8. Whose children are they?
9. How is mom being treated?
10. The importance of affirmation
Q and A session
The format will be lecture/discussion. Teaching material will be prepared in advance, but parents may ask questions throughout as they arise.
Time: Every Thursday, June 15 – July 27 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Location: Room 304 in the school – Friendship Christian School.
Cost:$50.00 per parent ($90.00/couple) + a love offering (2 Cor. 9:7) at the end of the class.
Registration deadline: Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mr. Jusino your desire to come by May 1st, 2017.
Minimum class size: Seven registered parents or four registered couples.