By donating through The Georgia Private School Tax Credit Program a parent is granted a tax credit by the state of Georgia – providing a dollar-for-dollar tax CREDIT off of state income tax liability (not just a deduction).
The donor can also take a charitable contribution deduction on their federal return in addition to a tax credit on their state return. Here is how to apply for approval from the State of Georgia to receive the tax credit for your donation to
CICM Student Scholarship Organization:
- Please fill out form IT-QEE-TP1 .
- Once completed, mail it in to the GA DOR immediately.
- Remember, there are only a limited amount of funds to be given as a tax credit and they are given on a first come first served basis.
- The Department of Revenue will approve your request within 30 days if there are sufficient funds left.
- You will receive an approval letter back in the mail at which time you will need to contact CICM SSO to complete the process.
The Best Way To Help
The Georgia Private School Tax Credit is a law that allows people and companies paying Georgia Income Taxes to re-direct their Tax Dollars to private schools and receive dollar for dollar credit off of their Georgia Income Tax
Liability making the cost of the donation essentially zero.
In addition to your Georgia income tax credit, if you itemize deductions on your federal income tax return, your donation will be deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes.**
If you have general questions regarding the process or scholarship distribution to the school contact Pastor Vasily Lantukh at 678-845-0418 ext. 504.
If you have technical questions regarding the credit program contact CICMSSO at 404-417-2441.
NOTE: Scholarship money will be distributed by the Christian International Counseling and Ministries (CICM) Student Scholarship Organization not by the Department of Revenue.
Visit www.cicmsso.org for more information.