Our 2019-’20 Upper School Athletic Programs
League Competition-Upper School:
- Boys and Girls Cross Country (6th-12th Grade)
- Boys Varsity/JV Soccer (6th-12th Grade)
- Girls Volleyball (6th-12th Grade)
- Boys Basketball (6th-12th Grade)
- Girl’s Cheerleading (3rd-7th Grade)
- Boys/Girls Golf (8th-12th Grade)
- League Fishing (9th-12th Grade)
- Lower School Athletics:
- Lower/MS Boy’s Flag Football (3rd-7th)
- Lower/MS Girls Cheer (3rd-7th)
- Lower/MS Boys & Girls Basketball (3rd-7th)
Meet Our Team Leaders
Athletic Staff 2019-’20:
Director of Athletics:
Dr. Rick Johnson
Asst. LS & US Athletics:
Lower School Athletic Director: Harold Jordan
Booster Club President: Greg Harris
Varsity Volleyball Head Coach: Jess Tof
Asst. JV/V Coach: Emily Cortese
CC MS/HS Head Coach: TBA
Varsity Boys Soccer Head Coach: Greg Harris
JV Boys Soccer Head Coach: TBA
Varsity Boys BBall Director & Head Coach: Anthony Brodie
JV Head Coach: Eric Coates
LS/MS Head Coach: Harold Jordan
Cheer Head Coach: Kelly Pittman
Varsity Girls/Boys Golf Head Coach: Clayton Shaw
Fishing Club Head Coach: Coach Sato
Athletics provide an opportunity to grow in Godly character, and each team member, from the starter to the team manager, will be challenged to be selfless, diligent, self-controlled, patient, courageous, perseverance, and humble.
The goals for the FCS Athletic Department are:
- To help student athletes develop athletic skills, goal-setting abilities, and work ethic.
- To build Christ-like character traits in student athletes and develop servant leadership skills.
- To instill in student athletes the importance of self-sacrifice and teamwork.
- To foster school pride via the excitement of competition.
- To encourage coaches, players, fans, and parents at athletic events to reflect God’s grace to the watching world.
To recognize that the athletic program is one of four integral elements in the FCS program and to support and encourage a student athlete’s involvement in the other three – academic, the arts and Christian service.
To preserve the integrity of the community in each team by respecting and duly enforcing rules, policies, and agreements as specified in the FCS Handbook.
Involvement in athletics at FCS is a privilege, honor, and responsibility. Our student athletes are highly visible role models in the school community, local community, and cities around the state as they travel and compete. As ambassadors of Christ both on and off the court or playing field, they are expected to meet high standards for conduct, performance, and commitment.
FCS is very grateful for the men and women who serve as coaches for our athletic teams. These talented people understand the importance of the mentoring relationship between a coach and a student athlete and are committed to building such a relationship.
School Mascot: Spartans
School Colors: Red, Black and White
School/Gym Address: 3160 Old Atlanta Road, Suwanee Georgia
Front Office: 678-845-0418
Athletic Fees for all Sports:
Fall VB- $200 (6-12)
Fall CC- $150 (5-12)
Fall V/JV Soccer-$200 (6-12)
Winter Basketball- $200 (6-12)
Winter Cheer- $150 (3-7)
Spring Golf-$200 (7-12)
Spring Fishing- $175 (9-12)
Athletic Fees for Lower/MS Wednesday Teams:
Each Season $75.00
All athletes must have a current physical turned into FCS to play or practice.