At FCS, we know even our youngest students are ready and able to learn.
We designed our K-4 programs to engage our students, offering them the opportunity to prepare for kindergarten while still enjoying many of the play-based activities that they have grown to love.
Our K-4 teachers firmly believe that all children can learn when given the tools and resources they need. Their first priority to ensure that your child is equipped to thrive for the rest of their academic career.
Friendship Christian School Preschool:
In our half-day K-4 program, students will have the chance to attend chapel, take Spanish classes, be engaged with music, and learn in a classroom setting that creates a safe, welcoming environment. Our half-day students will enjoy the same level of learning and enrichment as our full-day students, thanks to our low classroom ratios and commitment to excellence in all that we do.
Friendship Christian School:
Our full-day K-4 students will quickly learn the ropes as they understand what it means to be a big kid at FCS! Our full-day K-4 classes also enjoy chapel time, Spanish, and music, all while doing the important academic work that will prepare them for their next year in kindergarten.
Application Process for Elementary School:
- Students will be tested to make sure they’re enrolling in the appropriate grade for their level of readiness.
- Our admissions team will conduct personal interviews and review previous school records and recommendation letters.
- Upon completion of the admissions procedures, a letter will be sent informing parents of the admission decision. At that time, final registration is completed by paying a registration fee and signing a tuition contract.
- Our director, Becky Holmes, will meet with you and personally welcome you to the FCS family!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Our half-day K-4 hours are 8:30am – 12:30pm, Monday through Friday. Lunch is provided by the parent/guardian and is served each day between 10:45am and 11:15am. Half-day K-4 classes will follow our preschool schedule.
- Our full-day K-4 hours are 8:00am to 2:55pm, Monday through Friday. Full-day K-4 will follow the FCS schedule.
- Full-day students can be dropped off at no charge at 7:30am-7:50am.
- After-care hours are 3:15pm to 6:00pm (all after-care fees are found in the school’s registration packet).
- All K-4 students must be four years old by November 1. We invite younger students to join us at our preschool!
- All K-4 classes use the Abeka and Purposeful Design curricula to develop a strong foundation in phonics, reading, and math.
- K-4 students are not required to wear the FCS dress code.
We are excited to partner with you in your child’s education! At FCS, we believe that the family, church, and school share in the responsibility of educating the whole child — mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Together, we can ensure that every child is prepared at each grade level to move up and be successful in the next.